30 The 144,000 Sealed
by Hubert F. Sturges, www.everlastingcovenant.com, December 2013
The 144,000 are a special group who have chosen Christ above every other consideration. They are sealed by God in the end time, just before Jesus comes again. As they followed Christ "everywhere He went on earth," they will also follow Him in Heaven. They are described in Revelation 7:1-8 and Revelation 14:1-5. The questions that arise are:
1. Is the number 144,000 symbolic or literal?
At the end time, there will be a time of trouble such as never was. At this time the remaining saints of God are protected through the promises of Psalm 91. They are a group that must live in the sight of a Holy God without a mediator. Is this the 144,000? Do they have to be perfect? This website is to examine these issues.
2. Are these the only people who are saved?
3. Are they only Jews? (The twelve tribes of Israel are listed).
4. What does it mean to be sealed?
5. What does it mean to belong to the 144,000?
6. How does a person reach this status? Or should he even try?
With these things in mind, God has given His people instruction and grace to prepare to meet Him. Those alive to see Him come in the clouds will say:
"Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him,
Hubert F. Sturges.
and he will save us:
this is the Lord; we have waited for him,
we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation"